Most New Year’s resolutions consist of changes in diet and exercise…what about a cleanse for your MIND??
Whether you realize it or not, one of the most powerful forces in your life is your self-image. A positive, healthy self-image can carry you to heights you’ve never imagined, while a negative self-image will pin you down like a lead weight.
To a large degree your self-image is influenced by the pictures and messages you continually feed into your mind. Positive, uplifting messages help to foster a healthy self image, while stories of doom and despair are sure to bring you down.
Your mind, just like your body, is conditioned by the pattern of your daily habits. If you get into the routine of exercising every day and putting wholesome nutritious food into your body, it is inevitable that your level of health will improve. By the same token, feasting on donuts and soda everyday while taking up permanent residence on the couch is like punching your ticket on the express train out of here.
By treating our minds like our bodies, that is, feeding them what makes them healthier and exercising them the right way, we can make a complete shift in our mental make-up.
Detoxing your mind takes practice and discipline, but the payoff is invaluable. The eventual goal should be to always ooze positivity…
- Start by challenging yourself with a few days to a week of elevating your attitude and build from there.
- Journal your progress and take note of the changes that you see in yourself and in those around you.
- Replace the “junk food” that you force feed into your head with outrageously nutritious material. Focus on feeding nothing but positive, motivating things into your mind; this goes for what you watch, read, listen to, and most importantly, what you think.
- Replace the dread and corruption reported on the evening news with a motivational reading, spiritual study, or uplifting music.
- Break away from gossip and get into the habit of passing out compliments.
If negative thoughts about yourself or someone else enter your mind (and they will) work on eliminating them or putting a positive spin on them. For example, instead of complaining that your water bill is too high, come up with creative ways to lower it or simply be thankful that you have running water at the turn of a knob.
You draw into your life those things that you consistently focus your time and energy on…become a magnet for happiness and prosperity by continually thinking happy, prosperous thoughts!