This is the time of year when many are looking to start (or restart) their wellness routines. Self-care Saturdays may have fallen by the wayside during the holiday season so now is the time to get back on track.
As you examine your health goals and priorities this year, consider adding acupuncture to your wellness program.
Acupuncture provides a holistic, non-pharmacological approach to wellness and addresses a variety of physical and emotional concerns you might be struggling with.
- REGULATES EMOTIONS It’s a less intrusive alternative to drug therapies for many types of mental/emotional issues including depression, anxiety, or just stress.
- CORRECTS DIGESTIVE IMBALANCES The World Health Organization acknowledges acupuncture’s role in effectively treating digestive issues like heartburn, lactose intolerance, and irritable bowel syndrome.
- IMPROVES THE QUALITY OF YOUR SLEEP Prescription and over-the-counter sleep remedies only treat the symptoms associated with insomnia. By reducing stress and inducing a feeling of calm and balance of the mind and body, acupuncture targets the core issues to regulate your body’s energy and restore the sleep cycle.
- REDUCES PAIN AND INFLAMMATION Stimulating specific points on the body, acupuncture can treat headaches, back pain, and arthritis, to name just a few. It activates the body’s natural defense against inflammation by helping the body release more cortisol and stimulating the vagus nerve.
Setting Yourself Up for Success
Here are some ways you can successfully integrate acupuncture into your wellness routine.
- Create a schedule to plan your regular acupuncture sessions; consistency is important when it comes to integrating acupuncture.
- Acupuncture can be extremely effective when combined with other wellness practices like meditation, yoga, and a healthy diet. Don’t be afraid to explore different approaches to see what works best for you.
Contact me and find out how acupuncture can become a valuable addition to your wellness journey, helping you achieve balance in your overall health!